We have a number of exciting events and announcements to open 2010 with something for everyone, from executives to techies to networkers.
Corporate Tribe. Our Tribe program has expanded to help large companies. We help you build a Tribe in your own company. Corporate Tribe supercharges organizational learning and unlocks the potential of your staff. It’s ideal if you have employees or partners who are in remote offices, telecommute, or work from home. Learn more.
Bulletproof Management. Did you know less than 10% of managers have training in basic management skills … and that organizations that trained management staff increased company productivity 50% and customer loyalty 56%. We’ve worked with top training company Leadership Design to bring you a full series of Management Seminars. The classes use the latest techniques so you not only retain the material, but you and your staff also walk away with an immediate and personal action plan.
The first of the monthly classes is Tue Jan 19 on “How to Exceed Customer Expectations”. Get more info or sign up now. For the best value, invest in whole 6 month series for the price of only 4 seminars.
Special Tech Industry Networking party. This month our networking party will be on Monday, not Tuesday. Rick Chapman, Publisher of Softletter presents “To The Cloud & Beyond: Software Industry Insights. Rick will share the latest software trends for technology executives and professionals, from marketing and distribution to technology. Registration is now open.
Archive for the 'Tribe' Category
We are not crazy. But these prices are, or at least were a few days ago at our Blue Charity Auction, which ends online December 8 and benefits The Family Place and North Texas Food Bank. Whether you live in Dallas or halfway across the world we invite you to bid on and enjoy these amazing business services, and contact us with your donations. Here are just a few bargain goodies.
- An entire year of massages for $10 (that’s for the year, not per massage). Enjoy a relaxing massage, proven to reduce stress … decrease pain … refresh sore and tight workout muscles … relieve surgery complications … and improve well-being. Hey, I had to start with a fun item if you’re in Dallas.
- Venture consulting from investor Lore Levin. How much would you pay for a 3 hour working session with an actual investor? $1,000? $250? How about $10? That’s the current price. Lore is quite simply the Queen of North Texas investors. She is an accomplished investor, consultant, CEO, and marketer. She has raised tens of millions of dollars for her clients from private equity, VC, government, and angel groups. She is well known for her work and support throughout the area, including DallasBlue, North Texas Angel Network, Texas Emerging Technology Fund, STARTech Early Ventures, Keiretsu Forum, The InvestIn Forum, and the DFW Technology Alliance. Lore volunteers her time mentoring and teaching students and entrepreneurs.
- An entire year of Tribe Blue business coaching and consulting, just $25 for a $1,300 value. We’re still taking applications for Tribe Blue scholarships. If you don’t qualify, here is another option. We’re auctioning an entire year of the Tribe. Tribe Blue is a business success program for entrepreneurs and small business owners. The Tribe features powerful coaching, consulting, and accountability … at an affordable investment. Our weekly group member meetings empower, motivate, and incent you and drive your venture forward. The meetings provide the structure, mentoring, expertise, and personal relationships that enable YOU to succeed. The Tribe is your partner, whether you seek to raise a million dollars in funding, execute a marketing or sales program to drive sales, or have another objective in building growth and your future. The Tribe features both Dallas meetings and phone conferences to support members anywhere in the world.
Bid on one of these great deals or check out our current offering. We’re just starting to add new auctions.
Are you ready to grow your venture or raise money? We have another Taste of the Tribe on Monday.
Next month our Holiday party & Charity Auction features several treats for entrepreneurs.
- Lore Levin, the Queen of North Texas Investors, presents “Gotcha! CEOs and Managers Just Like You Are Going To Jail Every Day.” What you don’t know truly CAN hurt you and your business.
- How much would you pay for a 3 hour working session with an actual investor? $1,000? $250? How about $10? That’s the current price at our online auction for a Venture Consultation with Lore Levin.
- Is money an issue for paying for ongoing consulting? We’re still taking applications for Tribe Blue scholarships. Another option – we’re auctioning an entire year of the Tribe. It’s now just $25!
We’re just starting to add charity auction items to our online auction and door prizes. What about you? Do you have a consulting service or product to share with the community, not just here in DFW … but worldwide? If so, let us know.
Register for the party
Bid now at our online auction
Building Your Success,
IN THIS ISSUE
- Tribe Alert: Online media help
- Tribe Powwow: You don’t have to be a lone wolf
- Venture News & Tips: Get your free term sheets here!
- Venture Spotlight: Secure Spectrum
- New ideas: Pay-what-you-want hotel
- Free Publicity
The Blue Holiday Party & Charity Auction is our top event of the year and is held at a gorgeous art gallery. Our holiday cheer features a number of fun and engaging activities.
- Charity auction benefiting The Family Place, the top DFW family violence service provider, and the North Texas Food Bank. Bid now (we’re just starting to add tiems), bid at the party, or both!
- Presentation – Gotcha! CEOs and Managers Just Like You Are Going To Jail Every Day. Ouch, learn what managers and business managers HAVE to know!
- Free Services. Get a business portrait, massage, door prizes, and more!
- Great Networking. Last but not least our events present great opportunities to mingle with the top business pros in DFW. Bring your friends and coworkers. Come relax, enjoy our food and drink, win a door prize, and meet other executives and professionals in person ready to learn about and help you!
Wednesdays 11:45am-1:45pm, Fridays 12pm – 1:30pm
Tribe Blue for Entrepreneurs & Business Owners
Business coaching, consulting, and accountability that’s powerful and affordable.
Monday November 30, 11:45am-1:15pm
A Taste of the Tribe
Margarita Ranch at Mockingbird Station, Dallas
A Taste of the Tribe is your introduction to business success. Share your business and current issues and receive expert guidance and suggestions. Reservations required.
Blue Holiday Party & Charity Auction
Presentation “Gotcha! CEOs and Managers Just Like You Are Going To Jail Every Day” by Lore Levin
Hosted by Visual Image Fine Art Publishing, Dallas
14320 Midway Rd, Suite 300, Dallas
With auction, door prizes, FREE business portraits, FREE massages, and much more!
Info & registration: http://DallasBlueParty.com
Online auction (bid now!): http://AuctionsBlue.com
TRIBE ALERT: Online media help
One of our members is developing an online media venture, including an Internet radio service. We seek help with a business model and technology. Please reply if you can help or can refer us to someone who can.
TRIBE POWWOW: You don’t have to be a lone wolf
Last month’s Entrepreneurs meeting showcased three new social network and media ventures. They had one thing in common. Relationships are a critical business asset, whether used to find new contacts, share address books, or provide recommendations. That’s a core part of the Tribe Blue philosophy.
It’s easy to be isolated as the big dog on top or lone wolf entrepreneur. Lifeline relationships are critical to both your business and personal success. Independent confidantes who don’t have a stake in your business provide guidance, balance, and perspective that you can trust. .
When you’re in the Tribe, you’re a part of a larger community. Tribe leaders and mentors directly coach and work with you. Fellow Tribe members act as colleagues for additional support and advice. Plus we give you access to the wider Blue audience of thousands of executives for specialized outreach.
VENTURE NEWS & TIPS: Get your free term sheets here!
There is an imbalance between entrepreneurs with no money and investors with millions or even billions of dollars. It’s resulted in agreements with complex terms that give investors great power in the relationship and generate huge legal fees that average $50,000 per funding round.
TheFunded offer a term sheet written to simplify agreements, slash fees, and protect founders.
Note that we are not attorneys and are not providing legal advice. This document should be used with caution and in consultation with your own legal counsel.
TheFunded Found Institute – Plain Preferred Term Sheet. From Adeo Ressi, founder of TheFunded. Eliminates aggressive investor terms, such as participation with preferred stock, a 1x liquidation preference, and single trigger vesting acceleration on acquisition.
VENTURE SPOTLIGHT: Secure Spectrum
Visit our free promo page to learn how YOU can be featured!
Secure Spectrum is a Dallas-based company that develops Dashboard Reporting Compliance Audit software. SecureFeed is a corporate mashup that aggregates and pulls data from internal and external data sources. SecureFeed replaces your existing Dashboards, Reporting, Compliance, and Security and Event Monitoring software.
Secure Spectrum seeks consultants for mentoring and a Board of Advisors/Directors, legal and IP help, sales staff, and funding. Contact Paul Hanson via email or 972-273-0510.
NEW IDEAS: Pay-what-you-want hotel
Pay-what-you-want hotel in Singapore
Travel & tourism / Marketing & advertising
The new Ibis Singapore on Bencoolen hotel just last week launched
a promotion that lets guests choose the rate they want to pay for a
Pre-cut decorations for IKEA furniture
Homes & housing
Sydney-based Grippiks sells adhesive sheets in a variety of bright
colours and patterns for use on the surfaces of many models of IKEA
Group buying for new parents
Regular readers are already familiar with the benefits consumers
can enjoy when they team up and buy as a crowd. A new site brings
those advantages to buyers of baby and children’s goods.
Tracking one’s sex life online
Lifestyle & leisure
An entirely personal application, Bedpost is a way for consumers to
keep track of the sexual encounters they’ve had by logging in and
entering some key details after each one.
Hotel uses tech perks to draw youthful travellers
Travel & tourism
Technology-enabled hotels seem to be popping up all around the
globe, and recently one of our spotters alerted us to one in Germany
that’s aimed specifically at budget-oriented youthful travellers.
Highlight your venture to 1,500 readers. You can be in Dallas or anywhere in the world. Submit your listing now!
Tribe Blue provides top quality consulting, coaching, and group support … at an affordable price. We’re bringing the cost down even further … to zero with our Scholarship program. Two entrepreneurs will be awarded six month scholarships that cover the full cost of the membership.
You don’t have to be located in DFW. You can literally be anywhere in the world as long as you can call in to our phone meetings at noon (12pm) US Central time.
One scholarship has been awarded to JW Richard of Mandrake Society Radio. A second scholarship is currently open. Could you be the next scholarship winner? Learn more and apply.